about 1 month ago
Unfortunately this job has now expired. However you can view all of our Live jobs here.
A well-established insurance company is currently seeking to recruit an accounts executive on reduced hour basis, who shall be reporting to the Head of Finance.
- Posting of day-to-day transactions in the accounting system
- Carrying out periodic bank reconciliations
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts and internal/external reporting to authorities
- Cash flow management and forecasting
- Assisting in the budgetary process
- Preparing of analysis and reports to senior management and the board of directors
- Assisting in the audit and in the preparation of annual financial statements
- Participate in the set-up and enhancement of internal control procedures
- In the initial stages of ACCA or Advanced level of education in accounting
- Minimum 2 years working experience in an accounts department preferably with an insurance company and/or financial institution
- Sound understanding of IFRS’s, Maltese VAT and Income Tax legislation
- Good communication, analytical and time management skills
- Highly motivated and able to work on own initiative and prioritise accordingly