19 days ago
A well-established insurance company is currently seeking to recruit an accounts assistant who will be reporting to the financial controller and will be responsible for cash management and debt collection.
- Follow up on payments received
- Perform weekly bank reconciliations, following up on any old outstanding items
- Responsible for maintaining cash
- Process payments relating to office expenses, claims, suppliers, refunds and cancellations
- Update monthly nominal ledger sheets
- Prepare claims reconciliation
- Follow up on old outstanding and unallocated debt
- Close collaboration with other departments within the Company
- Other ad- hoc duties which may be required.
- Knowledge of accounting practices in the insurance market
- Fluent in English and Maltese and able to communicate both in writing and orally
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Excel to intermediate level
- Able to plan and prioritise the work
- Good team player