4 days ago
- Handle insurance related activities across all companies;
- Assist the Head of Accounting in constantly reviewing and analysing business systems and processes, financial data and accounting procedures and suggesting improvements where necessary
- Prepare workflows and related accounting schemes for upcoming new projects and maintain existing accounting schemes;
- Perform user acceptance testing in respect of new accounting projects to be undertaken in the immediate future;
- Compile and document new accounting policies and procedures, as well as update and maintain existing ones;
- Be familiar with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and ensure the Company is constantly up-to-date in its accounting policies and adoption of such standards;
- Provide assistance in the preparation of the Maltese insurance entities for the introduction of IFRS 17, liaising with other stakeholders in order to ensure a smooth transition and compliance with the requirements of the new standard;
- Actively engage in the transition from IFRS 4 to IFRS 9 and IFRS 17, and document periodic status reports as necessary;
- Prepare annual financial statements under IFRS;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors during interim and year-end audits;
- Perform, handle and assist in the monthly financial reporting closure and ensure deadlines are met in order to enable consistent, timely, accurate and relevant reporting;
- Assist in liaising with Head Office with any ad-hoc requests which may arise
- Communicate with the Head of Accounting on work status and any issues that may arise
- Assist in other ad-hoc tasks.
Skills and experience
- Have a solid understanding of accounts (currently undertaking, or in the final stages of ACCA.
- Good understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Previous experience in the insurance industry, more specifically motor insurance would be considered an asset, although not a requirement.
- Previous experience in auditing would be considered an asset, although not a requirement.
- A good team player and understands the necessity of keeping up within a fast paced, growing international work environment.
- Be dedicated, results-oriented and with a can do attitude.
- Being able to work on his/her own initiative and having good time-management skills, specifically the ability to prioritise and manage different tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills and being able to form part of a team dictated by the drive to deliver results against tight reporting deadlines.