5 months ago
14 Dec 00:00
A leading insurance company is currently looking for an Accountant to join its finance team. Reporting to the Head of Finance you will be responsible for:
- Performing work as assigned leading to the drafting of monthly Management Accounts relating and the interpretation of results.
- Performs work as assigned with regards to or as delegated may lead the preparation of the MSV Life budget.
- Performs work as assigned with regards to or as delegated may lead the review, updating, and implementation of existing internal accounting systems and in introducing new systems and controls where appropriate.
- Performs work as assigned with regards to or as delegated may lead the reconciliation of all work related to the Finance Department.
- Performs work as assigned with regards to or as delegated may lead the recording of all transactions related to the Finance Department.
- Performs work as assigned with regards to or as delegated may lead the technical specialised work required for the closing off of the monthly accounts.
- Performs cost benefit assessments as appropriate.
- May need to lead the preparation of accounts related to Growth Investments Ltd.
- Performs analyses of yearend financial accounts.
- Maintains the computerised accounting software and assists in the setting out of functional requirements for enhancements where appropriate.
- Monitors, the maintenance of the cashbooks for third party life insurance products and others as appropriate.
- Monitors, the maintenance of the General Ledger, setting up new accounts and cost centres, the reconciliation of control accounts, the allocation of expenditure to cost centres.
- Manages all MSV Life bank accounts including credit cards and ensures that adequate funds are available to meet expenditure requirements
- Responsible for preparing VAT returns and provides advice on compliance with VAT regulations as necessary.
- Prepares regulatory reporting and returns to appropriate regulatory authorities such as the Malta Financial Services Authority and the Central Bank.
- Liaises with MSV Life external and internal auditors.
Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must be a fully qualified Accountant
- Must have previous experience in a similar role