Regulation of Crypto Assets
8.30am until 4.00pm
Castille, Casa Leone, Floriana
The Virtual Financial Assets Act came into force in the recent past, making Malta the first jurisdiction to create a regulated space for virtual assets, cryptocurrencies and other finance-related activities mediated through distributed ledger technologies like blockchain.
A newly regulated area needs licensed operators and service providers, and any practitioner wishing to act as a VFA Agent will need to obtain a license. This course is designed to provide practitioners with a basic understanding of this new digital space in preparation for their license application.
- To understand the nature and uses of digital assets and blockchain technology
- To understand and be able to identify why regulation is required
- To understand Malta’s legal framework pertaining to digital assets
- To understand the cross-section between traditional financial services and virtual financial assets
- To understand and be able to identify legal and regulatory issues which emanate from business models seeking to adapt to laws regulations and rules which are currently in force
- To understand the risks associated with digital assets and services revolving around such
- To be able to, at a high level, compare different legal regimes
- To be able to digest and discuss future developments and challenges associated with digital assets and blockchain technology
Tags: cryptocurrencies, Asset Management