Money Laundering and high-risk client management
8.30am until 1.00pm
Online Course (Live Session)
Money laundering and terrorism financing are often carried out at ‘niche’ levels with sophisticated plans and methods posing especial challenges: maintaining client management relationships without comprising anti-money laundering standards and regulatory policies. There are also jurisdiction issues whereby by lax controls regarding illicit financial bring yet more risk to your organisation.
We offer an excellent webinar standing out from the usual risk management presentations. Not only banks, but a range of financial institutions will benefit from this program. Addressing grey areas and uplifting best practices.
1. How does an AML risk assessment incorporate the risk appetite to include international business lines and maintain consistency?
2. To ‘de-risk’ by default or deciding when a client becomes ‘high risk’ and what informs this analysis?
3. Developing qualitative metrics for risk-rating models to flag high-risk investments or start up’s,
4. Strategic management oversight and controls such as enhanced due diligence and process generated reviews
5. Policies for review of high-risk accounts to update risk profiles, evaluate issues such as aberrant account activity and adjust terms of client engagement as warranted.
Ian Ross - Managing Director, Tartán Forensic
'‘Listed expert’: Cour pénale international (The International Criminal Court of Justice (The Hague)
Accredited Counter Fraud Specialist
Fellow: Chartered Management Institute
Trainer and course developer: ‘ACAMS