A leading international telecommunications business with operations around the world, including Malta, is seeking to grow its team.
Our client’s Quality Team is looking for a Quality Assurance Automation Executive who can support the automation of test cases and in the Quality Area for both IT and Network Testing. The role would be responsible for identifying areas within the Operations field where automation could be used to support Quality Control Verification and Alarming on production systems.
- Be updated on the latest testing techniques, strategies, testing tools/ test frameworks and so on
- Maintain the automated testing architecture for distributed systems
- Evaluate and identify the required test automation and test management tools
- Identify any test metrics to be gathered
- Determine, procure, control, maintain and optimize the test environment (hardware, software and network)
- Maintain the required test automation framework(s) by performing code changes and suggest best code practices.
- Identify load and performance testing where necessary.
- Manage own energy level and time
The ideal candidate would have:
- A degree in Computer Science or a related field;
- At least 2 years’ in a software testing role and preferably previous work experience in software development or IT operational support roles;
- Proven test automation experience;
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues;
- Knowledge of test tools such as JIRA, SOAPUI, JMeter, LoadRunner etc.;
- Experience in building test plans and related tools such as MS Project;
- Knowledge of performance and scalability test approaches;
- Knowledge in Object Oriented Programming, Selenium, Oracle, and PL/SQL;
- Excellent time management, organization and prioritization skills;
- Previous experience in Serial Programming, system administration or administration of test tools will be considered an asset;
- ISTQB certification will be considered an asset.