Seeking a Chief Risk Officer within Insurance who will maintain an effective Risk Management framework in place in the business which is aligned to Group policy and industry best practice. The CRO insurance leads the risk function in identifying, assessing and monitoring risks faced by the business; ensuring that appropriate actions are identified and taken in the case of potential or actual risks faced by the business.
The successful applicant will have direct accountability for the performance of the Insurance Risk function.
Responsibilities will be to:
- Provide strategic advice to the Insurance management team and timely information concerning risk profiles and emerging risk issues.
- Implement the Risk Appetite Statement (RAS) ensuring that the RAS captures and reflects the current and future risk profile of the business.
- Determine objectives and plans for the Insurance Risk function in support of business growth and ensure that the business stays within Risk Appetite (RA).
- Identify emerging risk issues and initiate mitigating strategies.
- Ensure actuarial work is appropriately produced and communicated.
- Strengthen the Insurance business’s understanding of risk management, by embedding risk considerations into all activities undertaken, in order to enhance shareholder value delivered by Insurance.
- Maintain effective and productive relationships with key external (e.g. regulator, industry bodies and auditors) and internal (including regional / global) relationships.
- Ensure that the Insurance Risk and Actuarial management team properly communicates business strategy, operational requirements and performance expectations.
- Lead the Risk ‘people agenda’ to include performance management and staff development.
- Develop talent and devise a robust succession plan.
- Build a strong, cross-functional risk team across all risk disciplines.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong knowledge of the Insurance market and regulatory environment.
- Experience of managing risks in an Insurance business (e.g. Market risk, Model risk).
- Analytical skills. Actuarial experience would be an asset.
- Experience of managing a team of professionals.
For more information kindly contact Nikki on email@example.com