We are looking to recruit a suitably qualified Payroll Specialist, who will report to the Senior Manger - HR Operations.
The selected individual will be responsible to:
- Effectively co-ordinate and perform the Payroll function, and ensuring that standard payroll guidelines are documented;
- Ensure that payments made are in line with legal requirements (i.e. employment & IRD regulations); and established company work conditions (such as, collective agreements/memorandum of understanding; management/specialist policy; salary structures as per company policy).
- Maintain up-to-date records on employee employment & payroll information;
- Maintain up-to-date records on the monthly payroll adjustments performed and documentation on the payroll reconciliation process;
- Assist employees and management in payroll related matters;
- Ensure that employees adhere with the payroll procedures and deadlines that are in place;
- Put forward recommendations on best practices to enhance HR operational efficiencies;
- Assist Senior Manager HR Operations in the compilation of Payroll reports for internal and external use;
- Assist Senior Manager HR Operations in the compilation and preparation of KPI and other statistical reports required by HR Senior Management and external entities;
- Ensure confidentiality on employee information is maintained at all times;
- Ensure that a good working relationship is maintained between HR and the rest of the organization;
- Keep abreast with Employment Law and other related Legislation;
- Perform other HR related duties as directed by superior.
The selected candidate should have:
- An HR / Accountancy related qualification, or equivalent.
- Previous experience in an HR/Finance environment, with knowledge on HR databases, preferably, the Dakar Software System.
- A high level of computer literacy, especially in the use of standard Office Automation tools.
- Knowledge on Employment Law and other related Legislation, is an asset.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Be of a meticulous and organised nature.
- Adopt a pro-active attitude and hands-on approach towards work.
- Take initiative to improve systems and procedures being used.
- Able to work efficiently with tight deadlines and have a flexible approach.
- Able to work in a team and build sound work-related relationships