The operations/finance officer is accountable for performing operational tasks on our transaction processing and ensure correct processing of payments and system configuration. The successful candidate will convert and transfer information between our production systems and the bank. This role requires strict attention to detail.
- Verify and support paper payouts.
- Assist with office administrative assignments such as ordering office supplies, reception, assistance with building maintenance
- Run daily, weekly and monthly writings and processes to ensure correct functioning of transaction processing systems.
- Reconcile the system accounts against the bank accounts on a daily basis to ensure all transactions are captured and that the systems balance.
- Monitor and modify tasks and processes to ensure each critical operation on the system completes its work correctly and according to schedule.
- Work directly with development when changes to automated scripts are required due to bank changes
- Monitor and complete the processing files, reconciliation of payouts and notify merchants of file errors and provide support in the correction of errors.
- Monitor third party service providers and ensure that those processes execute as planned.
- Provide maintenance to the customer and merchant support teams on information relating to transactions to assist in their support requests
- Transfer funds, through on-line banking, from merchant payout accounts to appropriate bank accounts.
- Assist development with batch process configuration and changes with new releases.
- Assist in other related tasks and projects as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Strong analytic and trouble shooting skills.
- High attention to detail
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task several competing priorities at once.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with various internal and external customers/ merchants in a professional manner.
- Desire and ability to work independently in a small company environment, and solve problems with minimal direction
- Manage time effectively and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Nice to have: Knowledge and experience processing SEPA transfers
Training and Experience
- University degree in Business or Finance
- Minimum of 3 years in an operational role in a financial organization