One of our most renowned clients in Mauritius is looking for a Linux/Unix Administrator to join its team.
- Develop, maintain, document and support hosted Linux/Unix Infrastructure environment.
- Assist with designing and developing (with other team members) secure networking, compute and storage plus systems administration practices that meet customer requirements.
- Provide expertise to ensure that correct technologies are selected, appropriate architectures are designed/selected and implemented and that hardware and software solutions are correctly integrated and configured to meet agreed upon project requirements.
- Promptly respond to IT-related incidents and service requests and troubleshooting to resolve data science platform performance or operational problems.
- Operate, maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environment including computer hardware, software and related documentation in accordance with IT best practices.
- Develop, define and perform data backup requirements.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems and replace defective components when necessary and subject to available resources.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to protect data, network access/operations, software and hardware.
- Interface with customer, technical staff, team members and management to identify issues, negotiate changes, meet deadlines, and provide strong customer service both orally and in writing, as appropriate.
- Track and support periodic hardware and software upgrades.
- Assist with developing, reviewing and maintaining system security documentation.
- Work closely with support partners to promptly resolve incidents.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science or any related Degree) with a minimum of 1 year technical working experience with Network and Systems Administration of Microsoft and UNIX/Linux products.
- Certified as a Comptia Security+ ce Information Technology Technician SY0-301 or SY0-401.
- Certified as Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Cloud, Data Center, or Routing and Switching
- 1 year experience with Windows and Linux (RHEL) scripting for systems administration.
- 1 year experience with Cisco Nexus OS switching (desired).
- Knowledge on Microsoft and UNIX/Linux products
- Understanding of ticketing systems, e.g., Remedy
- Must be fluent in French
- Must be willing to work on shift 24/7
- Freshers will also be accepted
Please send your CV on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 59793869