A Financial Services Company is seeking to employ an experienced Investment Analyst to support their Pensions Team.
Reporting to the Pensions Administration Director your role will be to investigate and advise on all aspects relating to the investment of pension scheme monies, including legislative review, performance review and suitability for the Trustees. You will also provide support to Pensions Administration with responsibility for:
Investment Reports / Recommendations: Checking / reviewing to ensure that the investment strategy, selection are in line with the clients’ risk profile and rules, this will ensure that we are abiding by the rules and will enable us to manage our risks better.
Dealing Instructions: Maintain records sufficient to enable administrators to assess whether a dealing instruction is inline with the Statement of Investment Principles.
Investment Training: To assist the team on investment related queries of a technical nature and organise training sessions when required.
IFAs : Liaise with IFAs in relation to queries relating to the interpretation or implementation of the Statement of Investment Principles.
Non-Mainstream Investments: Review proposals for non-mainstream investments and give recommendations to investment committee.
Quarterly Reports /Valuations: Evaluate / analyse the performances of investments of our members both for our reporting purposes and for Risk Management by enabling us being pro-active communicate with the IFAs/ so they review and re-structure the investment in the best interest of the members
- Management of a Small Team.
- Member of the Investment Committee.
- Implementation and adherence of internal controls in relation to the investment process. Supporting the trustees and retirement scheme administrator as necessary.
- Contribute to the Group decision making process on investments.
- Relationship Management – internal/external
- Good interpersonal skills
- In depth understanding of financial markets
Knowledge and Skills
- A minimum of Banking and Finance (Hons) Degree or equivalent
- Five years previous experience in a similar role
- Familiar with the main office productivity software
- Able to identify risks associated with client transactions
- Knowledge of risk management and compliance regulations
If you are interested in this position apply online or send your CV to msims@castille resources.com