Are you a DBA?
Want to join a reputable financial institution? See below:
- Design, installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of physical databases.
-Lead, supervise, mentor and provide direction to the Data Management team;
- Assist management in the preparation of the Data Management development plans;
- Monitor and control the Data Management development plans;
- To contribute in the preparation of database policies, standards and procedures
- To plan and execute regular database backups in accordance with the organisation’s disaster
- To investigate, diagnose and resolve database problems;
- To work with development personnel, end-users and suppliers to design, develop, improve
and troubleshoot databases;
- To ensure that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly;
- To submit any reports and/or supervise any projects and activities as may be directed by the
Other responsibilities from time to time:
- To ensure compliance with Bank’s policies, guidelines and underlying procedures at all times;
- To assist his/her superior in the preparation of the unit’s business plan and underlying budgets.
- To sit on committees and attend meetings when required and as directed by the Manager (Data
Management) and to take minutes accordingly;
- To attend training as requested by the Bank;
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Ideally possess a degree/diploma in Information Technology;
- Have minimum of two years’ experience in a Database Administrator role and possess strong
knowledge of DB administration (Oracle/SQL Server) and optimization;
- Ideally be proficient in Microsoft SSIS;
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse and BI architectures will be considered as an asset;
- Possess strong communication, analytical and research skills.
- Be able to troubleshoot problems and quickly resolve issues;
- To be on-call and willing to work long hours when needed
Attractive remuneration of Basic salary plus high value benefits
Interested candidates, contact Clare on email@example.com